The CytoSense instrument can be made submersible by adding a specially designed hull, either for shallow waters (up to 20 meters below surface) or one for deep waters (up to 200 meters below surface, covering the complete photonic zone). Multiple measurements can be done, so this setup is ideal for depth profiling applications. The high pressure of the water at these depths is kept separate from the flow cell, which operates at normal pressure. This implies that you can easily use your CytoSub as a benchtop lab device too!
CytoSub specific qualities
- Operation down to 200 m submerged
- Compact design aiding combining with other field facilities
- Optional marine cables for interactive control and power supply
- Pressure-triggered sampling
- Shipboard and submerged/ buoy applications
- Easily convertible into benchtop CytoSense
- Cable connection or battery pack
- Data transfer through a WiFi link (using a high pressure antenna
housing on top of the CytoSub) or extraction from embedded computer
Specific Accessories & Upgrades
- Depth sensors to trigger depth sampling
- Timers to save energy
- Pump and selector systems to probe from an array of tanks or pipes.