We offer a compact flow cytometer for analysing an extremely wide range of particles with great insight.
Biomedical studies may target very small particles like microvesicles as well as relatively big particles like cell clusters. Many mainstream flow cytometers are designed for the ‘average’ cell only, requiring additional instruments to analyse either smaller or larger particles. With special fluidics, optics, electronic scanning and imaging we designed a flow cytometer for an unprecedented particle size range and complex samples. With CytoSense you can analyse everything from submicron to very large cells and clusters and fibers in a single instrument.
If you wish to analyse
- Individual cells in suspension
- submicron particles like microvesicles, larger extracellular veisicles and apoptotic bodies;
- spermatozoa and their shape;
- cell aggregates like pancreatic islets, stem cell clusters, embryoid bodies, hepatocyte spheroids etc.;
- filamentous e.g. muscle fibre cells;
- agglutination of fibroblasts;
- fragile cells and clusters (myocytes, adipocytes, cardiomyocytes)
- the CytoSense flow cytometer will serve you well with state of art views on your particles.
The CytoSense makes superb images and captures motion modulated light scatter and fluorescence data. Consider the information revealed by these fluorescence and laser scattering scans for your target particles and cells, particularly when accompanied by high resolution bright field image as shown in this illustrative example of a marine organism.
Whereas the laser based scanning adds morphological insight for larger particles, it also offers a surprisingly high sensitivity for small particles such as 100nm polystyrene beads which are clearly detected (figure).
With small cells and particles not overlooked, the fast electronics also support high concentrations and control of bursts. The signal scans reveal coincidence and bursts and allow accurate enumeration, supported by the surprisingly high resolution of the fixed magnification camera system. Analyse all these particles in a single instrument without subsampling/filtration.
- extended range flow cytometer for small and big cells and clusters
- flow cytometry data, scanning and bright field imaging
- data and scanning for multiple scattering and fluorescence channels
- flow cytometry data for small particles (<10µm)
- scanning yields info for particles >10µm to <800/2500 µm (w/l)
- bright field images for particle (sections) >1µm to <500µm
- fast data processing and high resolution information
- a wide range of target analyses / essays / services
- small, easy to use, affordable, safe
Example applications and images
The CytoSense flow cytometer is used in a mobile lab to analyse boar sperm quality of Iberian swine on farms and wildlife in Spain. The scans of scattered light of a sperm cell show its head and typical long tail, allowing fast and easy label free distinction of morphologically intact spermatozoa from other cells and debris (Universidad de Léon). The graph shows an unstained example. Adding fluorescent label is possible, which may show up in specific parts of the scan like head, neck and/or tail.
Example of a larger particle
Whereas signal scans are recorded for particles up to 2500 µm length, the fixed camera captures particles or sections of particles up to ca. 500 µm or 800 µm depending on the sensor used. The photo shows a cell cluster of ca. 480 µm length.